The government settled issues of blocking subscriber numbers and creating conditions for the introduction of charitable messages in Ukraine
On the proposal of NCCIR, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine at its meeting on September 20, 2017, adopted the Resolution No. 703 “On Amendments to the Rules for the Provision and Receiving of Telecommunications Services”. These changes are aimed at strengthening the protection of the rights of consumers of telecommunications services in cases of unjustified disconnections of subscribers, providing operators with effective levers of influence in identifying fraudulent activities of subscribers and creating conditions for the introduction of charitable telecommunications messages.
Changes in the Rules for the provision and receiving of telecommunications services, in particular, provide for:
- introduction of charitable telecommunications messages;
- determination of the uniqueness of the timelines definition (reduction of the list of services, termination of services, spam, malicious calls, unauthorized interference with work and/or use of telecommunications networks, etc.);
- inadmissibility of reduction of the list or termination of the provision of services on grounds not provided by the Rules for the provision and receiving of telecommunications services and by legislation, and simultaneous establishment of an exhaustive list of grounds for such reduction or termination;
- the obligation to communicate with the subscribers about the grounds on which they have been reduced the list of services or stopped providing it, indicating the approximate terms and/or conditions for the resumption of such services;
- inadmissibility of attendant costs on the part of the subscriber when resuming the provision of services, if their list has been reduced;
- the obligation to fix the facts of violation by subscribers of the requirements of the Rules for the provision and receiving of telecommunications services by operator’s compiling the relevant act in paper or electronic form.
The Resolution “On Amendments to the Rules for the Provision and Receiving of Telecommunications Services”, adopted by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine creates conditions for reducing tensions between operators and consumers, and also promotes the spread of charity in Ukraine.
More information is in the Ukrainian language